Product Analyst / Data Scientist
The Data Analyst is primarily responsible for gathering data, using statistical knowledge and software packages to conduct scientific-based analysis, and turning the relevant data into useful and meaningful information and insights. This encompasses conducting reporting and interpretation activities to provide guidance for making decisions and further improvements to psychometric models.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Acquire data from primary or secondary data sources and maintain databases/data systems
- Develop and implement data collection systems and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and data quality
- Interpret data, analyze results using statistical techniques and provide ongoing reports
- Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets
- Work closely with other team members to define new process improvement opportunities and introduce further development to the psychometric models and assessments
- BSc in Mathematics, Economics, Engineering, Computer Science, Information Management, or Statistics
- Technical expertise regarding data models, and data mining techniques
- Strong knowledge of statistics and experience using statistical packages for analysing large datasets (Excel, SPSS, SAS etc)
- Strong experience in report writing and presenting findings
- Strong analytical and critical-thinking skills with the ability to collect, organise, analyse, interpret, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Understanding of NLP techniques for text representation, semantic extraction techniques, data structures and modeling
- Ability to effectively design software architecture
- Deep understanding of text representation techniques (such as n-grams, bag of words, sentiment analysis etc), statistics and classification algorithms
- Knowledge of Python, Java and R
- Ability to write robust and testable code
- Experience with machine learning frameworks (like Keras or PyTorch) and libraries (like scikit-learn)
- Experience with Microsoft Azure ML Studio and NLP Applications
- Details orientation and logical thinking ability
- Proficiency in written English and in verbal Arabic & English
- Excellent time management and productivity
- Strong technical curiosity and interest to develop personal technical skills
- Office based job.
If you are interested, please email your resume to email@example.com.
ASSESS is a psychometric test publisher, people assessment, organizational assessment and talent management technology provider. Since 2015, ASSESS has pioneered the field of psychometric testing and occupational psychology research in the Middle East, in response to a growing need for home-grown occupational psychology and research practice that addresses domestic and regional challenges with respect to people, culture and talent.
Over the last few years, ASSESS has established itself as a trusted partner for talent management solutions to a wide range of customers ranging from multi-national corporations to large domestic and regional enterprise customers and public companies and entities.
ASSESS talent management and assessment practices span over 18 industries, namely aviation, banking, construction, education, FMCG, government, healthcare, information technology, insurance, management consulting, manufacturing, oil & gas, pharmaceuticals, professional services & outsourcing, real estate development, utilities and telecommunications.
At ASSESS we work persistently to advance the occupational psychology field in the region through continuous research and development to capture latest advancements in talent management, psychometrics, neuropsychology and software engineering. Our teams always strive to deliver sustainable value to its customers by emphasizing the strategic importance of knowledge management as a tool of organizational and professional growth for all stakeholders.